Pages

Getting to know Fred Brace

In many ways the simplest answer is really, he's my dad. As an adult woman, I know he's more complex than that. My dad is the closest thing to a rock star I've ever really known, I mean he grew up playing in bands with Robin Zander of Cheap Trick--how cool is that? I grew up with music rising up from our basement, as our basement was a common place for his bands to practice. The music of the 50/60's will always be a huge part of my childhood even though I grew up in the 80's.

My dad wasn't much for helping out with housework, but he always made sure my mom knew she was loved--we knew how strong that love was. He worked hard to provide for his family, often going without so we could have. When we were younger my dad was a volunteer fireman. I never really asked him much about this, nor have we ever really talked about why he did this...but I was so proud of this. He was/is my hero.

My dad loves looking up at the stars. I recall times where he'd wake me during the night and take me outside and we'd look up at the stars and he'd point out the planets. He loves to fish, watch movies, and being right. He has a larger than life personality. He loves little babies and they always seem taken with him.  He writes songs, poetry and takes beautiful scenic pictures.

Like I said he's my dad. Please help my brother Steve, sister Becki and I share and celebrate our dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment